Make the difference.
Case studies (aka performance crimes)
- Concurrent collection misuse: how the slowness could remain undetected for ages
- Careless allocations: don’t trust developers saying allocations are cheap
- Wrong size detection: how come server is out of memory when configured not to
- No respect for mainstream flow: performance win by optimizing for single scenario
- Configuration to kill performance: one setting can halt application speed
- Memory leak investigation: how to check why server is out of RAM
- Outdated reports in Sitecore Analytics: you could not even guess why
- Price for non-used features: are you sure disabling feature is all it takes?
- How much faster can software be?: is Wirth’s law reality or not?
- Second life for Fast://: can the powerful technology get a second life?
- Database optimization – reading same data 7 times faster
- Unit testing in Sitecore – why
Sitecore is not testablecliche is obsolete
- Polluted reports – over 20% of data you collect could be from robots
Memory snapshot analysis basics
Case study: polluted reports shows how system can be polluted with dummy data. Saving data (even HTTP referer) without validation can contaminate system as well: The results show astonishing 28KB for storing single value: Next time you see Analytics shards worth 600 GB – recall this post.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.