Make the difference.
Case studies (aka performance crimes)
- Concurrent collection misuse: how the slowness could remain undetected for ages
- Careless allocations: don’t trust developers saying allocations are cheap
- Wrong size detection: how come server is out of memory when configured not to
- No respect for mainstream flow: performance win by optimizing for single scenario
- Configuration to kill performance: one setting can halt application speed
- Memory leak investigation: how to check why server is out of RAM
- Outdated reports in Sitecore Analytics: you could not even guess why
- Price for non-used features: are you sure disabling feature is all it takes?
- How much faster can software be?: is Wirth’s law reality or not?
- Second life for Fast://: can the powerful technology get a second life?
- Database optimization – reading same data 7 times faster
- Unit testing in Sitecore – why
Sitecore is not testablecliche is obsolete
- Polluted reports – over 20% of data you collect could be from robots
Memory snapshot analysis basics
You might heard params are evil. Have you ever seen the performance bill for that? How to find out where params are used? Memory allocation report shows all allocations, we’ll start from here: Method with params creates an array behind the scenes, so hunting for object: IL code proves sad truth – array is always… Read more
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.